Monday, June 04, 2012

Your body, your choice, and...

Recently in my facebook status updates page, a wave of activism hit the wall.

Apparently a politician, (who I coincidentally deem as evil as it comes, and enemy of the people he rules over) said something about abortion and that lead to belly posts akin to slut walks. I don't follow the news of that locale, nor do I have any interest.

What the status updates showed were various famous people, lifting their shirt, and showing their mostly unattractive midsections, with the text

MY BODY
MY CHOICE

On it.

Men, women, I have not yet seen children, but there was a pregnant woman and also a woman with a baby on her arm.

Of course I was thinking on how that reflects on the other party in the sexual interaction, which goes like

My body
My choice
Your responsibility

If these people were really as sincere, genuine and wanting to be humane as they claimed, these bellies, unattractive as they are, would read:

MY BODY
MY CHOICE
MY RESPONSIBILITY

Of course that is too much to ask.






1 comment: