Sunday, July 26, 2009

Green: stop, orange: risky, red:GO!

After gym I went to get a glass of red wine, and sat on some comfy sofa to sip it.

In the table beside me were exchange students, enjoying an evening out.

As it happens, I eavesdropped on this conversation between two girls:
“Tomorrow we are going to the traffic light party”
“What is that?”
“If you are taken you wear a red sticker, if you are single you get a green one, if you say maybe, then you get an orange one”
“Guys too?”
“Yes”
“Guys in green sounds desperate”
“Yes it is desperate”
“Green is for looser guys”

Ahhhh my little ones… Ahhh your mate selection criteria… You amuse me so much.

You are going to a bloody singles party… Isn’t that “desperate” enough?

That is not the point though.

Let’s open the dictionary of the unsaid.

Green guy is desperate.
Translates:
Available guy is desperate

Translates further:
Single guy is desperate.

Now find an counter statement.

So who is not desperate?

The guy who is not single or does not seem to be single. The guy who is chosen by other women as worthy of their company.

Now we all know that the taken man is always more attractive than the single man, especially if he is taken by an attractive woman. Scientific studies back this up.

In my arrogance, I say more importantly, my experience backs it up…

It takes a lot of spine for a taken man not to succumb to the immense amount of opportunities. Added to these proofs, there are also the men who wear fake wedding rings to get laid more easily.

What happens due to this phenomenon?

Given the same qualities and attractiveness of two guys, these little girls will go for the guy who looking less single.

They will choose to be one of the many notches of the not-openly single guy, than the star of the single one.

Why?

Because if he is single, there must be something wrong compared to the not-openly single one.

And anyway, if he is not openly single, he must have women wanting him, and this means he must be attractive to women. This turns to “Oh my God! He is attractive.”

So what does the not-openly single guy do?

Possibly juggling few girls in the same time, getting a few more now and then,
And the “green guys are desperate” girls are choosing to be just another notch on the belt, only to complain a few years later, “there are no good men”, “all men are pigs”, “all men just want sex”…

But, who can blame them? Isn’t attraction illogical?
As for me, I don’t complain.
I either choose to play this game or traffic lights, knowing the unsaid rules,
Or I control the lights.
Who could ever blame me?

Endnote for the clueless out there: If you have problem getting female attention, find two good looking lady friends or relatives, and go out with them. For a few weeks. As long as you don’t kiss ass, watch yourself as you skyrocket.

The easiest way to get laid at any given time is to have an attractive woman – even better, women- showing sexual interest to you in front of other women. In the wrong hands, …oh…, I am smiling now when I imagine this strategy being in the wrong hands….

No comments:

Post a Comment