Wednesday, November 24, 2004

A friend’s mail… Godsent…

I got this mail from a friend one noon, and the last sentence is as if said by Descartes…

Below, “Me” stands for my friend, “K.” :


“After getting bored and reading some stories at finndistan this morning, I wanted to write some stuff happened in the past couple weeks:
Happened in Helsinki to U. and me

U.: Why Finnish girls are so scared of talking to strangers
Girl1: well, typical Finnish girl is shy, I am very open compared to others that's why I am talking to you

U.: woov, thanks a lot for talking to me
Me: tell me about Finnish ladies
Girl1: well I dunno I am not typical Finnish

Thirty mins later another girl
Me: tell me about Finnish ladies
Girl2: well I dunno I am not typical Finnish

An hour later another one
Me: tell me about Finnish ladies
Girl3: well I dunno I am not typical Finnish


Conclusion1:
"Tell me about Finnish ladies" is not a good conversation starter for Finnish ladies

Conclusion2(as A. (editor’s note, this A. is not me, sadly) pointed out):

Being not a typical Finnish is a typical Finnish thing

cheers
K.”

No comments:

Post a Comment